Test yourself level 1 (Basic)
1. Please identify which statement defines clinical audit
- Audit is about looking at what you are doing with a view to arriving at acceptable guidelines and not evaluating the outcome
- Audit is a way of measuring the quality of health care provided by a service.
- Audit is only concerned primarily with fault or discrepancy findings.
2. Is there a distinction between a criterion and standard?
- Does not matter
3. Which three statements sum up the benefits of an audit?
- Conveys change
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Increases frustration in general practice
- Identify areas of risk
4. Please indicate which statements are driving forces for change?
- To improve patient care
- Not to improve patient care
- National policy
- Patient pressure
5. Is ethical approval necessary for conducting clinical audit?