Application of EVE
Questions appraisers could use to at each level of the taxonomy
1. Remembering (knowledge)
Tell me about...
- What do you remember from the meeting/event?
- Select one thing from the meeting/event that was new for you.
- Was there any new material/information here?
- Can you recall what the new knowledge was?
2. Understanding (comprehension)
- Do you have more confidence in this area / using the drug / this aspect of your work?
- Do you consider yourself up to date in this role?
- Are you more reassured that your practise is up to date / correct?
- Could you now teach this?
- Could you demonstrate this to someone else?
- Could you summarise how this works in practice?
- How does your current understanding compare to where you were before the course?
- Have you started to apply this knowledge clinically?
- How many patients benefitted from this?
- How many times have you performed this procedure / prescribed this drug / used this technique?
- Is this now part of your current practise?
- How are you using this knowledge in your practice?
- Have you implemented this procedure?
- Have you (or how have you) changed your practise as a consequence?
- Is this affecting the way you train others?
- Do you prescribe / examine / investigate in different way as a result of this?
- Is your record keeping different because of this?
- How have you modified your practise as a result?
- How in your view does this new treatment compare to the old?
- Have you encountered any problems with this change?
- Do you think this is better for your patients?
- Having made changes, how confident are you that patients are better off?
- Do you envisage any problems with this change?
- Can you be certain that this is an improvement?
- Can you tell the difference in practice?
- Could you outline the pros and cons of the new services?
- Is this change open to criticism in any way?
- What would the cynical doctor say about this?
- What do patients / health care professionals / colleagues / secondary care doctors think? What do your patient questionnaires say? Have you asked patients what they think? have you asked the right group of their views?
- Are you doing what you say you are and how do you know / how are you demonstrating this?
- Are you able to demonstrate to others the vale of doing this?
- Have you demonstrated that you are performing in this way?
- Are you meeting guidelines? How are you demonstrating that you are meeting these guidelines?
- How do you judge that this change is successful?
- how are you showing that you critically analyse what you do?
- Are you convinced that this is an improvement to your patients care?
- How do you demonstrate the value of this intervention?
- Can you show others that you are competent in this area?
- What are the problems with the intervention in the practice? What could you do about this?
- How would you justify this to others
- Are you patients better off because of this?
- Could this outcome have been achieved in any other way?
- Are you happy that your terms of reference are valid - have you set the right standards - can you back these up?
- So what?
- How will you develop this in practice?
- How could you take this further
- In what way could you take this forward?
- Are you interested in trying to improve this service in any way?
- Is this piece of work complete - what else could you do with this learning?
- Could you construct a protocol / guidance document for others to use?
- Could this develop outside of the practice / service / hospital?
- Could you share this with other doctors / practices?
- Is this generalisable to other aspects of your work - learning style / format of learning / teaching style / something else that needs a similar approach / a service that needs looking at?
- Do you need to share this with others in the practice / department / wider health care community
- How will you integrate this into your current service provision?
- How will you provide this service within your health service - does it need to train others?
- Are there any adaption to your current practice that will need to be made to accommodate this?
- Are there any potential problems with introducing this? Have yo considered where it might go wrong? Can you predict any problems?