As previously stated there are many ways to demonstrate competence in safeguarding children. Below is a list of some of the resources available in Wales and Nationally.
- The National Safeguarding Team website has details of useful reference documents to support your role in safeguarding.
- There are free NHS Wales e-learning level 1 and 2 modules available to all NHS staff. Details on how to access these are available on these SCS web pages, for access outside of Practice visit here.
- Health Boards and Trusts put on regular training events, often through their Safeguarding Teams. Details should be available on your local Health Board or Trust website.
- Regional Safeguarding Childrens Boards regularly run training courses, many of which are appropriate. Many of their events are multi-agency which is particularly useful for doctors looking for training at level 3 and above. Details are available on the individual RSCB websites.
- The RCGP in conjunction with NSPCC has developed a toolkit aimed at training for Primary Care. Toolkit.
- All of the Royal Colleges should have details on speciality specific training. The RCPCH and RCGP in particular have lots of resources and put on lots of training events.
- Training sessions are regularly put on by Charities and Voluntary Organisations across Wales. e.g. NSPCC, Children in Wales, e-LFH, Association of Child Protection Professionals.
- There are numerous other e-learning modules and other opportunities readily available to doctors through sources such as the BMJ, NSPCC e-Learning for Healthcare.
- There is another shorter version which you can pay for, discounted for multiple users: safeguarding-level-3-online.
- A list of all the named doctors and nurses in safeguarding across Wales can be found here.
To provide feedback on this module, please follow this link, you will be a taken to a short questionnaire which will take 5 minutes to complete.